While stomach at night is a common problem, occurring due to a wide range of abnormal health conditions, such as –
- Indigestion and Gas,
- Acid Reflux,
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome,
- Urinary Tract Infections,
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease,
- Ovarian Cysts,
- Peptic Ulcers,
- Celiac Disease and other digestive disorders,
How to stop stomach pain at night is a question of great relevance! In fact, this question also stands crucial for the stomach pain or cramps you may have due to menstruation.
That is why I am here with this blog to shed some light on what you need to do to get relief from this painful situation, if any! Ready to learn them all?
How To Stop Sudden Stomach Pain at Night: The Fastest Remedy!
If you have stomach pain suddenly at night, there’s the fastest remedy that may serve great to reduce the pain. All you have to do is get a hot pad or hot towel and hold it near your stomach and abdominal area for a couple of minutes. You can also go for a hot shower with some Epsom salt.
In both cases, the heat helps your muscles to relax and secure your relief from the pain. This typically works efficiently for menstrual cramps and can give temporary relief from your stomach pain caused by other abnormalities.
If and when your stomach pain lay persistent, seeing a doctor would be the best possible call!
How To Stop Stomach Pain At Night: The Preventive Methods!
Do you want to stop the stomach pain you face at night now and then? Well, the most effective way is to make the following lifestyle modifications and prevent digestive diseases from taking the stage.
Undoubtedly, the most significant way to prevent digestive diseases and corollary stomach pain at night from occurring is to modify your unhealthy dietary habits! Whether the stomach pain appears due to ingestion, gas, acid reflux, gallstones, urinary tract infections, or constipation, a healthy and nutrient-rich diet can always serve!
- You have to increase your daily fiber intake. For this purpose, you may include oats, lentils, chickpeas, avocados, brown rice, and baked potatoes without peeling off the skin in your diet. But while having your dinner, do not include certain gas-producing fiber-rich foods like broccoli, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, etc.
- You must avoid oily and frozen foods, like the street-side rolls and pakoras or the sausages and salamis stacked in your fridge right now!
- You should limit the consumption of citrus foods, such as tomatoes or lemons.
- You also have to avoid the consumption of caffeinated beverages and fizzy drinks. Instead, drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Medical experts say eight to ten glasses of water every day can keep your doctor away!
- You may include ginger and peppermint leaves in your diet, whether in tea or curry!
- You even need to stop having gluten-containing foods, like cakes, pies, cookies, candies, slices of bread, pizza, pasta, and so forth!
Perhaps, daily exercise is the second best way to prevent stomach pain from popping up at night due to indigestion, gas, gallstones, or irritable bowel syndrome.
It can keep your blood circulation on point, thereby delivering oxygen and nutrients to every body part, including your digestive organs. As a result, health conditions like gastritis, acid reflux, gastrointestinal acid reflux, etc., are less likely to occur.
Besides, exercises can also help maintain a moderate weight, which, in turn, can help curb gallstones, ovarian cysts, and more.
You can up-take simple exercises for about thirty minutes every day. This may include walking, swimming, cycling, stretching, sit-ups, and squats! You can also opt for yoga.
Stress management is essential to curb stomach pain at night, happening from menstruation or irritable bowel syndrome. There lay various ways to manage stress, from listening to soothing music, dancing, painting, or doing something you are passionate about to socializing with people.
However, meditation always stands as the best stress management technique, and if you can adopt it into your daily routine, many health problems may move beyond oblivion.
Quit Smoking and Drinking
Yes. Alcohol and tobacco are harmful to your body and may escalate your stomach pain at night, developing from different digestive disorders. You have to quit it to secure relief from gastritis, ulcers, acid reflux, heartburn, and indigestion, subsequently eliminating plausible stomach pain at night.
To-Do Before Bed Time
While how to stop stomach pain at night is concerned, there lay certain to-do norms to follow before or while you go to bed for your sleep, and they are as follows.
- You must take a small meal before you go to bed and avoid overeating by any means.
- You should not go to bed right after your dinner, and instead, go for a short walk or move around a bit.
- You have to chew food slowly and avoid talking and swallowing air while eating dinner.
- You should not miss your medications at night if you have a chronic health problem.
- You need to keep your head in an elevated position when you sleep.
When To See A Doctor?
Despite following lifestyle modifications, you may still have stomach pain at night. That is a sign of a severe health condition underlying, and you need immediate medical attention.
- Is your stomach pain at night sudden and severe?
- Do you experience vomiting, nausea, or diarrhea alongside your stomach pain at night?
- Does a high fever accompany your stomach pain at night?
- Is your stomach pain persistent for a long span, and you cannot even get sleep?
- Can you find blood in your stool or urine apart from the stomach pain?
- Did you face difficulty swallowing your food, and your eyes go yellow now?
These are the signs that you ought to see a doctor and fetch appropriate treatment, as the stomach pain in these cases is likely to stay prolonged until the disease gets toppled.
We often rely on over-the-counter painkillers to eliminate stomach pain at night, especially menstrual cramps. But, believe it or not, these medications, when overused, can trigger many other health problems. And that too, a complex one!
So, it is always better to consult a doctor and get the medication they prescribe instead of behaving like we are the ultimate doctors! Healthcare professionals shall understand better and can also ask for imaging tests to see the cause before initiating treatment.
If your doctor recommends a scan for your stomach pain at night in Chandigarh, feel free to avail of our website, www.healthfinder.in, and get your scan done from the best labs in the city at a discounted fare.